Monday, July 2, 2012

Today I met another personal goal

This journey has been about setting goals and reaching them little by little.  I am 9 pounds away from my next weight goal, but today I reached another goal.  This goal is not a number related goal, most of my goals are number related.  This is a personal goal.  Something that I haven't been able to do in so many years that I can't even remember the last time I was able to do this.  Today I was able to buy a pair of capris and a t shirt in the ladies department!!!!!  The ladies department, not the women's department, not the plus size department, the average sized ladies department.  Granted I had to buy the biggest size that they offer (16 capris and XL top), but it was in the ladies department.  It was just a short time ago, 16 months to be exact, that I had to buy the largest size that Fashion Bug offered (size 30 pants and 4x top).  I am in awe as I put this outfit on.  I didn't try it on in the store.  I was afraid to.  I was afraid that if it didn't fit I would cry and I was afraid that if it did fit I would scream.  I brought my bag home and set it aside for 2 hours, but curiosity got the best of me and I had to try it on.  I can't believe my eyes as I look in the mirror!!  I am actually becoming an average sized woman.  I never thought that I would be average sized again.  I'm still struggling with a distorted body image, but I think my mind is starting to catch up with my body.  This feels amazing!!  I am so thankful that I had the courage to take this journey!  This is truly an extreme make over!

No comments:

Post a Comment