Friday, July 8, 2011

Next goal

I am 1, count it, 1 lousy pound away from my next goal.  I say lousy pound because I want to be at 70 pounds lost!  I'm so happy that the scale has started moving again.  I knew it would, but it is frustrating when it doesn't move for a while.   I have lost 69 pounds since I started this journey.  I feel so much better.  I imagine I look better too.  Although I probably look rather ridiculous sometimes since my scrubs are 2 or 3 sizes too big now.  Even my shoes are fitting differently.  I don't mind, I know how far I have come.
Today I ran into someone I haven't seen in 3 or 4 months.  She asked me when I colored my hair.  She said that  she really likes it dark.  I just laughed to myself because my hair has been the same color for about 4 or 5 years.  I know she didn't know that I have had the surgery and that I have lost almost 70 pounds.  It is amazing how different I look and that some people notice it right away and other people don't notice it at all.  I have actually have had people walk right past me and not recognize me until I say something and they recognize my voice.  I find that very amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment