Monday, August 1, 2011

Been too long

It's  been way too long since I've blogged!  We just got back from vacation. We went to Mackinaw City, Michigan and stayed for 6 days.  What a wonderful time.  The weather was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for better service.  The hard part was choosing the right foods.  We ate out for nearly every meal and everything looked delicious.  But all in all I still lost weight.  I am down a total of 76 pounds.(that is almost as much as both of my daughters weigh together!!!)  I think if I had been home and able to eat my regular food at my regular times I would be down a little more, but I am thankful that I  am where I am.  It seems so unreal that I have lost this much weight.  I still have a hard time believing that I have lost it.  I still see myself as I was at my largest (I can't believe I am saying this out loud again, but I was up to 357pounds!!).  I can't look at a pair of pants or any other article of clothing, for that matter, and judge correctly if it will fit or not.  I think that was the hardest thing about packing for vacation.  I used to know what fit and I was just able to throw it in the suitcase and go.  This time I had to try everything on before we went. something I noticed while we were on vacation: I still turn sideways to fit through places where I will clearly fit through just passing through normally, I guess it will just take time to get used to it.  After all, it has only been 4 months since my surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment