Thursday, May 5, 2011

1st goal met!!

As I prepared to have this surgery the team of support people I worked with suggested that I set some goals.  It was difficult at first to think of what I wanted to accomplish.  I mean, I knew I wanted to lose the weight, but I didn't want to make every goal about a weight goal.  Yes, this journey is about weight loss, but I don't want to become scale obsessed. One of the questions that was on the questionnaire was how much weight do I expect to lose in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.  I answered that in 1 month I hoped to lose 10 lbs.  I have totally blown that out of the water!  I have lost 40 lbs since March 27th.  I am totally astonished!  I didn't know that was even possible.  One of the non-weight related goals that I had was to be able to wear my wedding ring again.  I have not been able to wear it since I was 3 months pregnant with Brooke.  Tim kept telling me that we could have it re sized.  I always answered the same way..."Why can't we have me re sized?"  Well, I guess that is exactly what I have done because on Monday I tried to get my ring on and it went on.  Granted, it is a little snug and I can't get it off without using lotion or soap, but I got that baby back on!  I know it seems like a small accomplishment, but I accomplished it!  I can't wait to see what 3 months brings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment