Friday, June 3, 2011

Unstoppable!

Unstoppable, that is my new mantra.  That is how I feel.  I was told today that I look 10 years younger.  I feel 10 years younger.  Yesterday was my last visit with Dr. Fourman.  He had nothing but good things to say.  unfortunately, since my appointment was at 9 am and that is my usual workout time I had to skip my workout.  Don't get me wrong, I am no exercise junkie!  In fact I really dislike going to the gym, but I know it is the only way to tone up the flab as I lose the weight.  I decided that since I missed my workout yesterday I should go for a walk tonight.  As I got ready to go, Kari asked if she could come with me.  Of course I knew it would slow me down a bit, but it is important to include her in my exercise routine so she gets the right message.  Then Brooke said that she wanted to go.  I told her if she would ride in the stroller that I would be happy to push her.  Then Zeke said "well if they are going to go I guess I will go too."  By that time Tim decided that he and the dog should come along too.  So the VanOchten's set out on their walk.  Living right on the river walk is quite handy for a family stroll.  Once we hit the river walk I started to jog.  Yes, you heard it right...I started to jog.  Now it didn't last a long time, but I did it.  Brooke squealed.  Tim said that he hadn't seen me do that in years (if memory serves me correctly it has been about 13 years to be exact.) and he said he was so proud of me.  I don't know what go into me, I just felt like jogging.  I keep waiting to wake up from this dream and discover that I haven't really come this far, but then I pinch myself and realize that this is really my life and I am really doing this.  If you would have told me last year at this time that I would achieve this I would have told you that you were nuts.  Now I know that I am in control and I have the power to change my life and my relationship with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment