Wednesday, June 1, 2011

noticing small changes.

I am amazed every day when I notice even just the smallest changes.  Today when I got to work I had to park out in the last parking spot.  This is nothing new; going in at 11 makes it hard to find an up close parking spot.  The courtesy van was stalking me today.  The courtesy van circles the parking lot so that patient's families don't have to walk so far.  They will often pick up employees as well.  Today I sat in my car and waited for the van to drive away and he didn't drive away.  When I got out of my car he motioned for me to get in.  I waved him off and walked in.  It was a beautiful day and I needed the exercise.  I know that 2 months ago I would have taken that ride and would have actually hoped and prayed that the courtesy van would have been there to pick me up.  Don't get me wrong if it had been raining I would have taken a ride in a New York minute, sugar melts and I don't want to take any chances.  I have been taking the stairs down more often and I try to walk up at least 1 flight every day.  I am 3 lbs away from my next goal and I am working hard to get there.  Tomorrow will be a sad day for me.  My last visit with Dr. Fourman.  His last day is Friday.  I am so sad that he won't be here to see the end result of his handy work and my hard work.  I am just greatful that I had the opportunity to under go this transformation.  I couldn't have done it without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment