Wednesday, April 13, 2011

1 week check up

     Went to see Dr. Fourman today.  It is always an adventure when I go anywhere with my girl Chrys!  Today was no exception.  I still wasn't supposed to drive and my dad had an appointment with Dr. Weir at the same time in Saginaw, so Chrys was kind enough to take me to my appointment.  As we drove and talked about everything Chrys noticed that her car was overheating.  She pulled over and true to the person that she always has been and always will be she pulled out her manual and started to read.  The manual said that if it does this it's probably no big deal if it does that it's a problem.  We were in the it's probably no big deal catagory and started to drive again.  Let's just say the manual was WRONG!!  Blown head gasket.  Sorry for the expensive ride Chrys!!!
     I've lost 13 lbs this week.  My jeans are starting to slip down.  But I am happy.  Dr. Fourman says I am doing well.  My incisions are healing nicely and the bruising is fading.  I am right on track with what I am eating and what I am able to tolerate.  I asked if I could advance to squash...the answer to that was a big fat resounding NO! Yougert and applesauce consistancies for the next 3 weeks.  Maybe introduce Tuna in 3 weeks.  No meat for 4 more weeks.  He asked me if I was ready to go back to work yet and I answered that I thought I was.  He asked me, "Are you sure?" and then decided that I would be off for another week.  It is very important that I don't lift anything right now and I don't think he trusts me not to.  So I get another week to get accustomed to what I'm eating and how I feel about my body before I have to go back to work.  I can start going back to the gym starting tomorrow to do just cardio work out, no lifting.  I hope I am ready for that.
     I am so happy that I did this for myself.  I wish I hadn't waited so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment