Monday, April 11, 2011

I don't remember the recovery room.

I don't remember being in the recovery room,  I'm told I had a lot of pain and they gave me Demerol.  Gail took care of me.  I remember being slightly awake during the bed ride to my room.  Marissa was pushing me off of the elevator and hit the alarm bell by mistake.  I vaguely remember doing  a princess parade wave down the hall.  Ashley came in and took my vitals and gave me some morphine, what a great friend!  She told me my finger stick was a little high during surgery and I received insulin.  She had to do another finger stick to see if it was back to normal. As expected, I extended "the finger" at her so she could check me out.   It was still a little high.  I got another dose of insulin.  Next check it was back within normal limits and stayed there for the rest of my stay.  I slept on and off the rest of that day.  Had lots of visitors. 
     I knew I had work to do on POD #2.  I had to walk at least 5 times that day and drink 30 cc every 30 minutes.  Sounds like easy work, but it was harder than I thought it would be.  Walking was the only way to get all the gas that they pumped into me during surgery moving.  I had a lot more visitors and was exhausted; I was thankful to have another night in the hospital.  The second night I slept so soundly, I didn't hear people come in or out of my room.  It sounds like I am complaining about all of the visitors I had, but I'm not!  I am very thankful to have so many people who care about me.  The kids came up and were ready for me to come home right then and there.  I was thankful to have more time. 

Friday morning, Dr Fourman and I agreed it was time for me to go home.  I was ready to be home.  The kids were happy to have me here.  My sister in law and brother in law Jill and Max came in and took the kids overnight Friday and Saturday.  They had such a good time.  It was quiet and nice to be able to rest.    Today Zeke and Kari are back at school and my mom and dad took Brooke.  I was able to get a couple of naps.  I'm still sore, but feel a lot better than I did when I came home.  Looking forward to my Dr. appointment on Wednesday so they can weigh me.  I'm so glad that I did this.  some adjustments have been more difficult than I thought they would be...Clear liquids are boring, but I have to take it slow.  It will all come together and I will be glad that I did what I was supposed to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment