Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm getting creative now...

I am starting to browse the Internet for bariatric friendly recipes now.  I am finding that a lot of what is out there is stuff that I would never consider eating....before.  I have decided that if I am going to make this work, (and as I have said a million times before; I am going to make this work!) that perhaps I should put my old picky self up on a shelf and start to be a little more adventurous. 

     Last night I took a look at a potato soup recipe that looked like I might like it.  So I wrote down all of the things I would need and went to the store.  I thought about how it would taste and if I had wasted my money.  Today before I went to get the kids from school I whipped up a batch of the potato soup, tofu and all.  It actually is pretty good and I'm glad that I decided to try it.  I know that there will be a bunch of stuff that I will try and won't like, but at least I am trying it.  It also gave me a chance to cook for myself again.  I like to cook, but haven't wanted to for a while now since I couldn't taste any of it.  Before you know it I may be cooking up a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment