Saturday, April 9, 2011

My extreme makeover

It has been over a year since I've made my mind up.  I am tired of being fat, morbidly obese, plus size, a big girl or whatever you want to call it.  I'm tired of it.  I have tried just about every diet there is.  Some with minimal result, some with moderate result but none with permanent result.  The hospital that I work for is starting to do bariatric surgeries and I am interested. 
     I know a few people who have had the lap band placed and I think that I want to have this done.  I start the process.  First you have to go to an informational meeting that explains the difference between the 3 types of surgeries.  Then there is the 6 months of weight tracking, the psychological exam, the nutrition assessment and training and fitness assessment.  All of which I complete, only to find that Tim's insurance considers this a cosmetic surgery.  Roadblock!  Lucky for me I have options.  I an able to purchase medcal coverage for myself through work. 
     It has been a long wait, but the day has finally arrived.  I am nervous, but know that I am in good hands.  Dr. Fourman is an excellent surgeon and the nurses that I work with at the hospital are the best in the area.  I will be taken care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment