Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's a challenge

     Yesterday was a very busy day.  The kids were home from school for Good Friday and Tim wasn't working.  We were out and about all day.  The hard part is finding something to eat in a restaurant.  Not only am I restricted to what I should eat nutritionally, but I am still only able to eat soft and creamy textures.  I used to love to go out to eat, but now I find it is so much easier to just make myself something at home.  I should have packed my food and took it with me.  Good learning experience.

     Tonight we are going to Tim's Mom and Dad's house.  The whole family will be there and they are going to have pizza.  Tim's Mom was so concerned bout what I was going to eat.  I could tell she really felt bad that I wouldn't be able to have what they were having.  I told her that I would just bring my dinner with me.  She felt bad, but I could tell she was relieved.  I truly don't mind that everyone else is going to have pizza, I can see the big picture and it includes a healthier me.  When I was younger I remember people saying a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips....That was no lie!  Now I guess I can say healthy food = healthy me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment